Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Made My Own TARDIS Necklace!

I've been wanting a TARDIS necklace for a long time, but haven't gotten around to ordering one.  When I was at Michael's yesterday, squeeing over the beginnings of this year's Halloween merchandise bonanza, I noticed some blank pendants, and thought, "Why the hell not just make my own TARDIS necklace?"

So I did.

Blank pendants make things very easy.  All you have to do is measure the blank space, and print out a picture to fit.  Mine ended up being 0.7x1.7 inches.  Then, I pulled out the trusty desktop laminator, which added a glossy sheen to the image, and will also protect it from fading.  Then I used permanent double-sided tape to stick the picture in.  I decided against using glue or epoxy because I figure if the picture gets ruined, I can peel it off the pendant and put in a new one.

Lastly, I swiped a chain from one of my other necklaces, and voila!




YAY!!


-

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...