Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sharpie Markers - Painting For Lazy People

I'm one of those people.  If I see something that has no color, I am filled with a nearly insatiable urge to add some.  When I was a kid, I gave in to it pretty much 100% of the time.  Most notorious was the time when, after I'd gone to bed on a summer evening, I painted my white My Little Pony with sparkly pink nail polish by the fading light of the sunset through my window.

These days, I can restrain myself, because I'm able to see ahead to whether or not I'll actually be ruining the object I'm trying to spice up.  Well, sometimes.  Sometimes, the ruination happens anyway, and the birdhouse I colored a hideous red-and-purple ends up spending the rest of it's days hiding in shame in the back of my closet because I completely forget that it's possible for me to merely paint over it.

I love skeletons, and usually I leave them alone, but this time....I just couldn't resist.  And I'm actually really happy with the way it came out:


BEFORE:




AFTER:



It's like a futuristic robot skeleton!



-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...