Friday, January 06, 2012

101 Songs - I Have To Finish The Hat

Sunday In The Park With George is one of those shows you have to grow into, I think.  When I was a teenager, and in the height of my experience working in theatre, I had no patience for it.  I loved shows like Into The Woods and Funny Girl, while shows like Sunday In The Park With George and Company I found horribly boring and musically unfathomable.

But then, I grew up, and now Sunday In The Park is one of my all-time favorites.  It's emotionally deep, and sad, and sophisticated.  This sequence, in particular, beautifully showcases what it's like to be a hopelessly single-minded, obsessed artist, and what it's like to be unfortunately in love with one.

Sunday In The Park With George - "Color And Light"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...